Thursday, November 02, 2006

US Bank

I hate banks in general. I have for years. I hate the fact that I can no longer just get a paycheck for my work, go cash it, and when my money is gone it is gone.

But out of all the banks I have used over the years I don’t think there is one that has pissed me off as much as US Bank has. This past weekend we went on a trip with my parents. My dad was paying for the room so he reserved conjoined rooms at a really fancy resort. It was not the kind of place I could afford, but that didn’t matter because he was paying for it.

But we got there a couple of hours before they did and wanted to check into our room. In order to do that they required my bank card. I gave it to them but made it very, very clear that I was not paying for the room, my dad was. And even upon check out my dad told them again that he was paying for both rooms.

So imagine my surprise when I was billed $245 yesterday in my account from the hotel. This immediately caused 4 other things to put me in the negative, which of course allowed the bank to take almost $150 in overdraft fees. My dad called the hotel and they were more than happy to fix the mistake and send back my money. They assured him it would be there today. But the bank did not want to refund the overdraft fees, regardless of the reasons for the over draft. I spent my lunch hour fighting them and in the end the relented, but not before there were some interesting revelations made to me. The worst one is the admission that they will still authorize my card to process new transactions even if my account is in the negative. This is what happened when I put gas in the car yesterday. Apparently I was already $30 in the hole when I put my card in the pump, totally unbeknownst to me, but the pump took it anyway. So right there the bank made an extra $35 off of me because I hadn’t taken a look at my account yet that day. This happened again at wal-mart the other night when we went to get groceries. It allowed me to spend $80 when I was apparently $30 in the hole.

Does anybody else see the problem with this??

Well I went down and got a little nasty with them and was assured it would be fixed tomorrow. I told them for their own stake they better hope so…

Banks are evil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home